The purpose of this study is to investigate the safety and efficacy of empagliflozin versus placebo in patients with chronic heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.
- Male or female patient age >= 18 years at screening.
- Patients with chronic HF (LVEF (Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction) >40%)
- Further inclusion criteria apply
- Myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft surgery, or other major cardiovascular surgery, stroke or TIA (Transient Ischaemic Attack) in past 90 days prior to Visit 1.
- History of ketoacidosis
- Currently enrolled in another investigational device or drug study
- Further exclusion criteria apply